Yesterday morning I started the antibiotics and she was not doing well at all. I thought she wasn't going to make it through the night. But she is doing so much better today! I don't know if it's a just good for today thing or if she will make it longer but she was eating and drinking unlike yesterday so she at least seems happier for now. I really appreciate your help in trying to get her back to the goofy chicken that she was.
How are you and your girl today?

I'm sorry I've been MIA lately.

How are you and your girl today?

I'm sorry I've been MIA lately.
Penny is definitely not back to herself yet but she is perkier. She still is eating (although she is still very underweight), goes outside every day to be with her buddy, and makes it into the coop every night (she can't make it up to the egg box yet to sleep in so she is still sleeping on the floor of the coop.) I don't know if she is out of the blue yet but it is certainly an improvement from before.

Penny is definitely not back to herself yet but she is perkier. She still is eating (although she is still very underweight), goes outside every day to be with her buddy, and makes it into the coop every night (she can't make it up to the egg box yet to sleep in so she is still sleeping on the floor of the coop.) I don't know if she is out of the blue yet but it is certainly an improvement from before.
Well, that's a bit of good news! I hope the trend continues.

Thank you for updating!

Hello, everyone. I have some sad news. While she was doing much better after finishing the antibiotics, this week Penny started to decline so I started up the antibiotics again. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough and she just passed away this morning. I really appreciate all the advice you all have given me in trying to help her.

Hello, everyone. I have some sad news. While she was doing much better after finishing the antibiotics, this week Penny started to decline so I started up the antibiotics again. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough and she just passed away this morning. I really appreciate all the advice you all have given me in trying to help her.
Oh, I'm so sorry... It really had seemed she'd turned a corner. It must have been something that couldn't be cured. You did all you could and gave her a fighting chance. Poor Penny... At least she's at peace.
:hugs

Back
Top Bottom