Very sick chicken, appears to have broken egg on the outside under her vent...Help?

countrycakelady

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 16, 2012
Eastern NC
This is also posted in the Egg Behaviors forum.....I have a very sick chicken, not sure what's going on with her.....she is not well, is laying broken eggs...has one possibly broken inside of her? We have had 2 tornados touch down @ our home on Friday night.....so I have not been able to pay as much attention to them as I had been.....I need some help and advice...pic is posted as to what she looks like......she is not free ranging with her sisters, just stands around and is trying to pull all these feathers out....never had to deal with this before. Help is much needed and appreciated. :(
Her vent is red and swollen and tender looking as well.....

newchickmomma4

Songster
5 Years
Apr 11, 2014
California
I can not help with your chicken, I am sorry but will be praying that someone answers quickly. But I wanted to say that I have been praying for all of the tornado victims.

countrycakelady

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 16, 2012
Eastern NC
Thank you for the replies...I forgot to add, that her crop felt very full early yesterday am...like she had not processed any food all night????

countrycakelady

Chirping
7 Years
Mar 16, 2012
Eastern NC
Craps! I think I am dealing with both a sour crop and vent gleet....have checked her this am.....good grief! What a time I am having........now to start reading on what to do.......

Top Bottom