Very sick duck, dont know what to do!!!

Duckieowner

Chirping
Jan 2, 2022
About a week ago I notice my male pekin was struggling a bit to walk. He would go a few feet and lay down. I immediately confined him in a smaller place offered water with vitamin and electrolytes in it and feed. Couple days past he was getting lethargic wings where falling to the side and his neck and head where staying low he had not been eating or drinking just stay in same spot. I now have him on my back porch and he won't stand. Has had what I think a couple seizures. I don't know what to do no vets here see birds. The bird doctors are super expensive. Any help would be appreciated!!!

Almost sounds like a toxin ? but to be going on for a week now.
How old is he what does he eat?
Is it possible he could have ingested a toxin.

That sounds like a possible infection. Do you have access to a vet. or any antibiotics?
They can go down pretty quick if they don't eat.
Antibiotic and tube feeding might be your only recourse. One thing when they are sick they need to be kept inside so they don't chill.

Are in a cold climate or hot? :welcome
Right now it has turned cold. He's in on my porch. Its heated. I had his close to the furnace but I think he got hot. So he's where its a little cooler. Hes done this twice that I have seen pulls his neck and head way back over his body and his feet straight out then just lays there. His head is bobbing back and forth. If his head is still his eyes continue to go back and forth.

Back
Top Bottom