Very sick hen!!! VIDEO too

Chickens can act legthargic for lots of things. For example, when they have lots of worms infested in them...
IT will actually kill chickens. I do it twice a year. Its definitely important, as it can cause them to have an infestation...thats when worms show up in their poop, or I have heard another symptom may be poop on eggs...
But I always clean the coop each month, let them free range and give them lots of NOT rotten or moldy leftovers.

But I always clean the coop each month, let them free range and give them lots of NOT rotten or moldy leftovers.
I free range as well, and lots of parasites are found in the soil. So when chickens free-range they also do get into contact with soil as well as with eachother. Theres a really large possibility that they will get worms sometime or another...

I free range as well, and lots of parasites are found in the soil. So when chickens free-range they also do get into contact with soil as well as with eachother. Theres a really large possibility that they will get worms sometime or another...
I'm not that concerned because I have a medicine for chickens that heal both worms and other respiratory illnesses.

Thank you Wyopr Rock! I don’t think I feel anything swollen or abnormal on her abdomen or anywhere else. Crop feels empty to me. She weighs 4.6lbs. I gave her .4 ml of tylan 200 (it’s all I have) orally. I made her some electrolyte water but she’s not interested. Poor thing 😭
So you are going with a dose of 40mg/kg of Tylan200. (Tylan has a dosage range of 10-40mg/kg)
You will want to give the injectable Tylan200 orally 3 times a day for 5 days.

I'm sorry that she's not doing well. Hopefully the antibiotics will help.

Back
Top Bottom