Very sleepy ckick

Jun 6, 2020
I have a 8 week old cream legbar hen she is sleeping all the time even falls asleep while she's eating she's so tired it's hard for her even to drink. We had coccidiosis go through some younger chicks about a month ago so we treat everyone with corid. All the other chicks are well and running around fine now but she hasn't recovered. She has normal poops sometimes other times it's close to being diarrhea. She eats and drinks she just has absolutely no energy we have dewormed all our chickens with de food grade. We had a black Australorp around the same age who acted the same way but she died within about a week this chick has been like this for about a month. She won't open her eyes very rarely she's barely has enough energy to walk but she does stand. I hand feed her everyday untill she is full with mashed up raspberries or blackberries or blueberries and 24% chick starter.

we have dewormed all our chickens with de food grade.
DE is not an effective de-wormer.
I hand feed her everyday untill she is full with mashed up raspberries or blackberries or blueberries and 24% chick starter.
How are you hand feeding her?
We had coccidiosis go through some younger chicks about a month ago so we treat everyone with corid
Try giving her an oral dose.
Corid Amprolium Oral Drench Instructions

What temp is the brooder she is in? Do you have a food scale that you can weigh her on daily?

Back
Top Bottom