Very Soft Lump

leec

Songster
8 Years
Jan 21, 2014
SW Michigan
0521211925b.jpg

My six-week-old chick has a very large, very soft lump on her chest. She is still pretty active and I don't notice anything else wrong. I don't believe that it's her crop. I have chick grit in a separate feeder offered to all 17 chicks. I don't know what to do.

View attachment 2681940
My six-week-old chick has a very large, very soft lump on her chest. She is still pretty active and I don't notice anything else wrong. I don't believe that it's her crop. I have chick grit in a separate feeder offered to all 17 chicks. I don't know what to do.
Its normal for chickens to have lumps its clled the crop and were chickens store their food your chick is perfectly fine!

Why do you think it's not her crop?
Check the soft lump first thing in the morning before she's had anything to eat/drinking from overnight. See if it's still there.

Its normal for chickens to have lumps its clled the crop and were chickens store their food your chick is perfectly fine!
Hope you can open the attachment in my post and zoom in on the chick with the lump. I've raised chickens for many years and this is the first time I've ever seen anything like this.

Back
Top Bottom