Very soft shelles egg.

Yippee!!!

Are you going to keep her vet appointment?
Yes!! I want to make sure she is alright, I also got some hard shelled eggs after the 1st round of calcium gluconate supplements but when I stopped they got soft again so I think it's best to have them check her out. Unfortunately they are doing a no-contact thing because of covid so I will not be able to go into the vet with her. They said they will call me while they have her back there while I sit in my car. So that'll be a little weird, but we will see how it goes.

Yes!! I want to make sure she is alright, I also got some hard shelled eggs after the 1st round of calcium gluconate supplements but when I stopped they got soft again so I think it's best to have them check her out. Unfortunately they are doing a no-contact thing because of covid so I will not be able to go into the vet with her. They said they will call me while they have her back there while I sit in my car. So that'll be a little weird, but we will see how it goes.
Yeah, that's how it went the last few times I took Thimbleberry to the vet. It feels less complete, but it is better than nothing.

My duck has laid a perfectly good egg in the morning and another soft shelled at night. This went on for several weeks, until the past 2 weeks when she lays every other day a soft shelled egg. Just try to keep her comfortable and give her warm baths afterwards. I also feed Little Quack Hydro Hen 3 in 1 by MannaPro after these episodes when she seems to suffer from diarrhea. The vet said the next step for my duck would be a scope, which would require anesthesia, but I have already spent thousands trying to save a goose with a broken leg and my previous duck who had an egg stuck on her ovary. Neither bird every woke up from the anesthesia. So, I have come to accept that sometimes it's up to nature and genetics and it really sucks. I am hoping and praying that your duck is doing better!!!

So I got another nice hard shelled egg this morning from her, but I noticed that if I touch near her butt, she strains like she does when she is trying to push out an egg. She doesn't appear to be struggling unless I touch near her bum, but I think she might still have something in there. Hopefully I'm worried about nothing, I'll give her another dose of the calcium today but not tomorrow unless the vet suggests it.

Despite the nice hard shelled egg this morning, it now is pretty clear that she is trying to get another one out.

Okay.. After 2-3 hours of struggling I brought her in and put her in the warm tub, almost immediately this "egg" came out. It is quite disgusting. I put it in a ziploc bag and into my fridge so I can bring it with to the vet tomorrow and show it to them. Have you ever seen anything like this @Isaac 0 ???

Attachments

• Snapchat-726773252.jpg
    Snapchat-726773252.jpg
    197.6 KB · Views: 4
It came out with this poop, and what looks like another little white piece of whatever the heck that was.

Attachments

• 20210124_160855.jpg
    20210124_160855.jpg
    146.5 KB · Views: 4

Back
Top Bottom