1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Very strange behaviour

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by Channel23, Jul 11, 2010.

1. Channel23

Channel23 Hatching

Jul 11, 2010
    [​IMG] Hay everyone out there I sure could use some opions on this one. We have 3 backyard chooks, they lay very welll and seem very happy and friendly, the other day I noticed one of the ladies seem to be oblivious to the fact I was throwing pallets out. She seem diorentated and lost, she no longer follows the other two around and quiet often she is standing alone, puffed up, head tucked back and eyes closed. Someone suggested she may just have worms, does this sound right, or could it be something more serious, she is about 3 and a half years old now!

2. eKo_birdies

eKo_birdies Songster

May 11, 2010
    Northern Colorado
    [​IMG]

3. fldiver97

fldiver97 Songster

Aug 5, 2009
    Middleton, WI
    She may be sick or have parasites.....I would repost this in the Emergencies..... section, also would be helpful if you can give info on ?runny or bloody poop, other symptoms. Is she eating? Drinking? Loosing feathers/molting? Any injuries? How does her crop look? Full/distended? Good luck but I would post in the other section, you'll likely get faster/better response.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: