Very Strange Deformity (Graphic Photo)

All of your good thoughts and prayers helped. She made it but she is not out of the woods yet. The leg is badly deformed but at least it is not poking through an opening in the abdomen. It was quite an experience and I took some photos. I am not sure if I want to post them here though. Some recent 'after' ones might be fine.

Oh how sad! Good luck on his recovery. Brave of you to do surgery!
hugs.gif

So glad to hear s/he made it through!!
hugs.gif
Hoping for a good and speedy recovery for the little dear, if you've pulled her through this far I'm certain you can continue to help her recovery. Hoping her leg will be okay.
pop.gif
Waiting patiently for more good news.
big_smile.png

You already have the warning Graphic Photo on the topic title.

Most of us, I expect, are used to seeing fairly grizzly chicken remains after an attack.

I'd love to see the surgery photos.

Fingers crossed for the little one.

Congratulations!! So glad to hear she has at least made it this far. I hope she recovers well and look forward to hearing positive updates.

so glad she made it! I'd love to see the photos too, but I understand your concern. However, when dealing with animals of prey, there are all sorts of bloody things happening.... especially when us humans butcher them on purpose and post photos (which is fine with me because I like to eat them and it is for educational purposes).
hu.gif

i had a chick hatch that couldn't use it's lower leg and foot of one leg, but i refused to cull it. it gets along just fine hopping, and i figured if it showed distress, i'd cull it, but otherwise, i was giving it a chance. it can live here peacefully for as long as it wants. i grew up with a rooster that had only one leg due to frostbite, and it made it years and years. so she shoudl do just fine with one working leg.

bless you for trying to help her and give her a chance.
i hope she makes it.

Back
Top Bottom