Very swollen eye with pus.. urgent help

JessMay

Songster
Jul 23, 2019
Northwest Illinois
My rooster has an extremely swollen eye with what looks like a pus film over it. I thought my chickens had fowl pox because they had black dots on their combs (it’s gone away drastically in the hens) , but I can’t tell if the rooster has it still and that it’s turned into wet pox. It’s possible he has an injury (coons) and it’s gotten infected but I’m not sure. I can’t afford a vet right now as I just took my cat to the vet for kidney/bladder problems. I do have some amoxicillin and clavulatane potassium in liquid form that I got for my cat. I can try to use some for him if needed but not much as I’m still using it for my cat and have half a bottle left. What can I do as for removing the pus, dosing for amoxicillin (if needed) and anything else that I might have to do.

Attachments

• E7CC74CD-6BEC-4159-9A17-87E8E5E7C82A.jpeg
    E7CC74CD-6BEC-4159-9A17-87E8E5E7C82A.jpeg
    263.2 KB · Views: 7
  • 6DD042C9-0E5F-4A31-9F61-974E31CB8C47.jpeg
    6DD042C9-0E5F-4A31-9F61-974E31CB8C47.jpeg
    253.4 KB · Views: 8
  • 3B8EEC55-CA30-4D5C-A40A-607B53020FAF.jpeg
    3B8EEC55-CA30-4D5C-A40A-607B53020FAF.jpeg
    457.4 KB · Views: 8
My rooster has an extremely swollen eye with what looks like a pus film over it. I thought my chickens had fowl pox because they had black dots on their combs (it’s gone away drastically in the hens) , but I can’t tell if the rooster has it still and that it’s turned into wet pox. It’s possible he has an injury (coons) and it’s gotten infected but I’m not sure. I can’t afford a vet right now as I just took my cat to the vet for kidney/bladder problems. I do have some amoxicillin and clavulatane potassium in liquid form that I got for my cat. I can try to use some for him if needed but not much as I’m still using it for my cat and have half a bottle left. What can I do as for removing the pus, dosing for amoxicillin (if needed) and anything else that I might have to do.
Try colloidal silver drops directly in the eye. My friend’s kitten had red swollen eye with thick drainage, she put in the drops at dinner and by breakfast the eye was perfectly clear, no redness, no swelling, no draining! Colloidal Silver can be purchased on amazon. Comes with a dropper so easy to use!

👆🏻 That’s the link to Colloidal Silver on Amazon. Don’t use a systemic antibiotic until you try an eye drop If he is acting normal.

Back
Top Bottom