Very unusual chick, Guinea / chicken hybrid!!

Any updates?

Having a hard time sexing our guineas

We have a white, a pearl pied a pearl and a white with a few black spots. We either have 2 females and two males or I thought three females and one male based in their voices. I swear we are getting 4-5 eggs a day from them though and we only have 4. I think we would like to try some guin-hen hybrids out. I love the EE hybrid look. We also have Orpingtons, silkies, ee, cream legbars(anyone know if the blue egg gene would pass?) And a few other breeds. As well as several growing out.

I wonder what a black split to chocolate and mottled English Orp hybrid would look like.... Btw I love love the double leaving on one of the hybrids in this thread.

While I do think these birds are enchanting I have also heard they are delicious.

Is it true that you can hybridize a chicken and a coturnix quail?

This is very interesting! How long did the guin-hen hybrids live? Did they suffer health issues? How about behavior - were they more like guinea fowl? Did they get confused about how to behave sometimes? Would love to hear from @bemba or anyone else who has tried.

This is very interesting! How long did the guin-hen hybrids live? Did they suffer health issues? How about behavior - were they more like guinea fowl? Did they get confused about how to behave sometimes? Would love to hear from @bemba or anyone else who has tried.
Some weird birds in here! They look like different birds glued together!

Hi guys, I posted on another thread a picture of my little guinea / chicken hybrid but thought I'd do up it's own thread if anyone is interested in seeing updated pics as it grows :) Mum is a pearl pied guinea and dad is a black red malay rooster! out of 8 eggs 4 were fertile but unfortunately the other 3 died a few days before pip. This guy is very healthy and active. It sounds like a keet and a chick all rolled into one... so weird but so interesting at the same time! The alone cry sounds more chickenish.

Here are mum and dad.....

He has white wing tips and a white belly patch also.
Unusual, never heard of this combination. Im curious to see what it vrows up as.

Ps your rooster is beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom