Very, very newbie in WV.

UPDATE

Ok, I know it has been 8 months

, but I wanted the season to be right. I finally did it. I purchased 10 little ones. I have been told by the seller that 6are the Isa Brown pullets, and the other 4 are Amberlink straight run. Crossing my fingers that I will have one rooster. Today, they are 8 days old. I have had them home for only 25 hours and already wish I had done a few things in a different way. And I have changed a few others. for instance, I changed my brooder. You can see the original one that was recommended size for 10 chicks. Well, once the feeder and waterer were in place, there was absolutely no room left for the chicks. it was under 4 sq. ft. and more than half was taken up by equipment. Luckily, I had a bunch of brown cardboard boxes disassembled, waiting for the garden to spring into action, so I spent all night manufacturing a new, bigger home. It is 12.5 sq.ft.and gives them more room to move toward or away from the warmth if they desire. They look more comfortable and I know I am. I also add some chicken wire to cover the whole top. It is just clamped on so I can enter at any point needed.

Back
Top Bottom