VERY Warm Duckling BEAK.....Why?

gnmrk2000

Chirping
12 Years
Jul 19, 2011
North West New Jersey
For any one who has done a lot of handling of new ducklings, have you ever noticed how warm the beak of a duckling is? Bob is my imprinted, 1 week old Pekin, and he loves to be close to my face. I have noticed that his beak is extremely warm against my cheek. Does any one know if the beak indicates body temperature? I have tried to Google this characteristic but have had no luck. Of course, having never held a duckling so close for so long, this is not something I have ever noticed. I am not concerned about it meaning anything unhealthy, Im just curious as to why it would be so warm. Any ideas?

For any one who has done a lot of handling of new ducklings, have you ever noticed how warm the beak of a duckling is? Bob is my imprinted, 1 week old Pekin, and he loves to be close to my face. I have noticed that his beak is extremely warm against my cheek. Does any one know if the beak indicates body temperature? I have tried to Google this characteristic but have had no luck. Of course, having never held a duckling so close for so long, this is not something I have ever noticed. I am not concerned about it meaning anything unhealthy, Im just curious as to why it would be so warm. Any ideas?
You know I am not sure. When I feed peas to my quackers- I do note that their beaks are all different temps. Some warm, some cool...the ones that are warmer I think have not dipped their beaks in water recently. Seems like the cooler beaks are usually the ones who have more recently been dunking their heads in the water bins/pools.

Back
Top Bottom