very weak Chicks ?????about polyvisol drops

Krazieliss702

In the Brooder
9 Years
Feb 10, 2010
i got some chicks from cackle hatchery on wednesday i already lost 6 in the first day since i brought them home ( i think it was way too cold when they were shipped) i have 10 that are now doing fantastic but i still have 2 wee ones that are not doing well at all. They are barely eating and drinking and all they do is sleep. I have them separated in the brooder with water and food close by them and available but they are not getting up.. I keep trying to get them to eat and drink but not much luck. If anyone can give me some suggestions to get them to eat/drink and any information on the polyvisol drops because i have never used them and dont know where to get them it would be greatly appreciated. I dont want to lose any more babies.
sad.png

You can get PolyViSol at any pharmacy or Walmart. They are liquid infant vitamins. If they are not drinking, you will have to use the dropper to put the vitamins on their little beaks-be very careful because it can cause them to aspirate.
Did you try giving them some warm sugar water?

ETA also maybe try some of the feed mixed with a bit of yogurt and the vitamins.

Last edited:
I would put 3 drops in a little plastic lid with water. To give them the drops straight on their beaks, I would give 2 drops once a day.
Sure hope they get better for you.
fl.gif

ok, Very Important.. If you do the poly~vi~sol, make sure it is without iron. You can also put a little bit of apple cider vinager in all of the chicks water. It helps them absorb their vitamins better. Keep us posted.
hugs.gif
fl.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Back
Top Bottom