Very weird behavior... sour crop...seizures? Dose anybody know?

Island pollo

Chirping
Apr 10, 2016
A while back my 6 year old silky began displaying this very weird behavior. She would turn her head all the way under her body and shake it, sometime falling completely over while flapping her wings, this would go on for minutes at a time several times a day. My husband and I had just moved and thought it had to do with that and so I started with the basics.
1. Quarantine
2. Vitamins
3. Up graded her food to a healthier more balanced diet. (we had just moved across country and they did not have her old food, but I mixed the old one with the new slowly)
4. In addition to food I started giving her a 50/50 blend of greens with plain Greek yogurt on top and the occasional apple cider vinegar.

In a matter of days she perked up eating more, sleeping better she even started to lay eggs again, several actually, she has always been a good layer, and now 3 months later this is re-occurring all over again. I had decreased the amount of all the things I was doing, however she has always been a very healthy chicken and I had chalked it up to environment and habitat change.
I would also add she is the last of her two flocks we've had over the years and she still dust baths.
If anyone has seen this behavior which I have posted a video of please let me know any information you have.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom