VetRX Clarification

emmabellybutton

Chirping
Feb 11, 2021
I have a VetRX question! Apologies in advance I’ve never been good with brevity and wanna give good context haha. My big Muscovy guy Cricket is sounding a little hoarse and so I’m going to try giving him some VetRX the next few days and see if that helps.
What I’ve always had some confusion around is that all the VetRX bottles I’ve bought have come with instructions that say slightly different and conflicting things. Some say to heat it up and give it to them in warm water, but that it will pool on top of cold water like oil which can be “useful” (doesn’t say what for) and then I’ve seen different iderations saying you can put it on their head, beak, under wings cold, some saying to do it warm, and one instruction that says you ”must” use it warm. And then it says you should drip it down their throat, but another part says you should swab the throat with it and wash the eyes with it and it’s just not giving enough information about when to do which method. Thoughts and experience?
Cricket was hand raised by himself and likes to be separate from the flock to sleep so he has his own crate with his own small (but deep enough to clean and sneeze) water bowl. He also likes to have his food in water since he has a hard time swallowing it dry. So shouldn’t I be able to just put some drops in his cold water bowl with his food in it when he goes to bed and it wouldn’t it coat his beak and get swallowed as he’s eating/drinking? What’s the importance of the whole warm vs cold thing?

For context, he’s always been my one duck that drinks each sip of water one at a time, doesn’t dabble much, eats each little food nibble one at a time(I feed my ducks Mazuri), he seems to have a smaller throat than my other ducks in general or something so I’m not tooooo too worried yet but want to be proactive and also curious in general if anyones had experience with a duck that seems to have a smaller throat or slight issues swallowing compared to the others? He’s almost 3 and it’s been like that his whole life. Otherwise totally healthy and hardy and is my duck that has the least health or physical problems.

Back
Top Bottom