Vevor Plucker

ElPedro

In the Brooder
Jul 17, 2022
Wife and I moved to the country last year. This year, we started a small flock of layers (6 hens and one rooster), and purchased 25 meat birds.
In preparation for processing day, we purchased the necessary supplies. One of the items purchased was a chicken plucker. Got a deal on a Vevor plucker.
When the plucker arrived, I checked it out. It turned on and spun. That’s about all the testing I could do without a chicken to pluck.
Yesterday was processing day. Totally disappointed when I put my scalded chicken in the plucker and all that happened is you could hear the motor spinning but the bird didn’t move. It was like as soon as any weight was on the finger plate, all you got was belt slippage.
Long story short, I learned to pluck by hand…which isn’t a bad thing to experience. Just hadn’t had that in the game plan.
So just wanted to post and give you all a heads up on this brand, and to see if anyone else had similar experiences/fixes.

Sorry to hear that happened! I appreciate you posting it on here though so others can know this brand might not be super reliable. I am only doing 6 birds for my first-ever batch of meaties so I plan to hand-pluck, but I know many others on here use the plucker.

Have you contacted the company and told them what happened? I wonder if they could exchange yours since it's clearly defective.

Sorry to hear that happened! I appreciate you posting it on here though so others can know this brand might not be super reliable. I am only doing 6 birds for my first-ever batch of meaties so I plan to hand-pluck, but I know many others on here use the plucker.

Have you contacted the company and told them what happened? I wonder if they could exchange yours since it's clearly defective.
Thanks! Yep, working through it with the vendor. Will see how things go. And report back. If nothing else, I have a lot of parts with which to make my own plucker or try to fix/improve this one.

thank you for posting this i was thinking about getting one. i ordered a chicken plucker but its for really really small chickens but it can do 2 quail at a time . im thinking about getting a larger barrol and fingers and seeing if i cant make it bigger

bought one last year opened up and it would not run - tripped 15 amp breaker and loud hum on 20 amp... long story short - motor housing was broken and would not spin. took 3 weeks to get a replacement motor - vevor was going in circles but eventually sent a replacement motor which we put in and have used on 2 batches of 35 meat birds - have bought two products and returned the other as defective - will buy nothing from vevor again. - overall quality is fair not sure how long it will last before we are building a new one with the parts...

on a different note - we bought a foot pedal switch from amazon and use that to turn the plucker on and off - worked great

I know this is about the vevor plucker but I bought a used yardbird was told it worked fine only used once blah blah. They plug it in it runs but at the time I wasn’t sure how fast it was supposed to turn. Got it home put it in the shed a couple weeks before pluck day I fired it up it would hum and not turn unless you spun it with your hand to get it goin. Not sure about vevor but this model has a starting capacitor on it a 15.00 dollar part. So if you have one that only starts spinning by hand turning check out that capacitor it’s a real easy fix.

Back
Top Bottom