Vibrating incubator

chickenshiha

Songster
5 Years
Apr 19, 2014
palestine
So I got a hexabator which uses a fan and got some eggs in it. I had for about a year and now its vibrating and the eggs jiggle and when I come to turn them I find some on the other side. I checked every screw and they were all put well. What's the problem and will it effect the eggs???

It may not affect the eggs but there is probably a bearing going out or some other issue in the fan so get ready for that. Perhaps find another fan now.
You can test my theory by temporarily disconnecting the fan to see if the vibration goes away.

So I got a hexabator which uses a fan and got some eggs in it. I had for about a year and now its vibrating and the eggs jiggle and when I come to turn them I find some on the other side. I checked every screw and they were all put well. What's the problem and will it effect the eggs???
Have the same problem now and I'm on day 19 I worried if it won't effect my chicks

Unless it is shaking a lot, and just a vibration, I wouldn't worry about it.
When hatching begins, there is a lot of shaking going on and some think it stimulates the other embryos.

Check the fan blades; sometimes they get fuzz, dust and chick dander sticking to them and it will cause the blades to get unbalanced. Think of your ceiling fan with one blade out of balance- that's at 200RPM. Those little CPU fans that the incubators use for circulation spin 10x as fast.

Back
Top Bottom