Video Aviary Tour

Nice setup! I'd love to build an aviary once I've got the funds. Those tangerine doves are beautiful by the way.

Nice setup! I'd love to build an aviary once I've got the funds. Those tangerine doves are beautiful by the way.
So total cost in NY with all building supplies from
Home Depot was about $1000 over a years time, with lots of recycled scrap wood and stuff. The furniture used for the nesting areas is all from thrift stores and old milk crates with surplus burlap for liners. The wall in the middle is where the first one was then I expanded it when I got the chickens. It was a labor of love and I really like hanging with my birds out there.

Looks nice! The tangerine doves are beautiful.
I had a male dove as an inside bird for a bit a few years back. The cooing was so bad we had to rehome him to a friend, he would go for hours on end even in the middle of the night. I'd like to get more some day and keep them outdoors.

Do the budgies stay out there in the winter too?

No one buys them here in NY is why i just tend to breed my own for my own lines
Looks nice! The tangerine doves are beautiful.
I had a male dove as an inside bird for a bit a few years back. The cooing was so bad we had to rehome him to a friend, he would go for hours on end even in the middle of the night. I'd like to get more some day and keep them outdoors.

Do the budgies stay out there in the winter too?
yes they stay outside, the space heater is on a thermostat switch in the winter under their cage so when it gets to freezing temps it goes on and they’re good, and it keeps it warm enough for me to sit and sip coffee while hanging with the birds.
I have 14 tangerine doves and when the Cooing starts it can be heard 100ft away. In the Summer when the windows are open I can hear them at all
Hours. !

Back
Top Bottom