VIDEO Inside- Please, any advice for what could be wrong

I would check her crop for an impaction, possible gapeworm (which is rare,) and a possible respiratory disease. If the crop is full and hard, and doesn't empty by morning it may be impacted. Treatment is to give water only and massage to try to get the blockage to move on. The use of a feeding tub or crop tube is helpful. For possible gapeworm you can check for it by swabbing the tracheal opening in the front of the throat with a Q-tip for little red worms. Treatment is fenbendazole or SafeGuard Liquid Goat wormer 1/2 ml per each 2.2 lb of weight for 3 days, then repeat in 10 days for 3 more days. Respiratory infections such as mycoplasma, infectious bronchitis, ILT, or coryza can cause gaping. You can read about those and crop problems here:
http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044
http://www.tillysnest.com/2012/01/crop-issues.html

are there any other symptoms ? eyes swelled, hard crop?

No, her eyes look completely normal and her crop felt okay, it wasn't hard at all. The only symptoms are that she would just stop in the middle of the coop and just shrink her head into her body and take little naps. She's not sneezing, wheezing, or coughing. She has an appetite. She also doesn't want to sleep in her normal spot next to her sisters and has isolated herself to sleep in a nesting box, which is very unusual for her.

if no symptoms come i would think as eggsessive does and check for the gape worms. may be too early in the illness to see other things. she has grit? sometimes its an easy thing to forget. i have a couple times.

It won't hurt to go ahead and treat for gapeworm with Safeguard and start on an antibiotic for a respiratory disease. Tylan, Gallimycin, and Duramycin would treat bacterial and mycoplasma infections or the secondary infections of a virus.

It won't hurt to go ahead and treat for gapeworm with Safeguard and start on an antibiotic for a respiratory disease. Tylan, Gallimycin, and Duramycin would treat bacterial and mycoplasma infections or the secondary infections of a virus.
eggcessive, is there a place people can go and put all their symptoms in and get possible answers?

Back
Top Bottom