Video of non-shelled Egg

Akwasi

Chirping
5 Years
Oct 31, 2014
My guinea just laid a membrane egg. Thought it will be appropriate to show it here as an education to those who have not seen some before.

0.jpg

If the video is not playing well on your browser here, this is the direct link to the youtube video.

Ironically membrane eggs survive drops but shelled eggs don't. Guess everything has its strength

Something strange happened. I put the membrane egg at a place where it inadvertently got exposed to the sun.

This morning I went for the egg and realized that the content has reduced. Any explanations? Where did the reduced albumen go?

Here is the picture

Something strange happened. I put the membrane egg at a place where it inadvertently got exposed to the sun. This morning I went for the egg and realized that the content has reduced. Any explanations? Where did the reduced albumen go? Here is the picture
It is a semi permeable membrane it allows certain substances to pass through eg water this is what happened the membrane allowed water to pass through and evaporated reducing the contents

It is a semi permeable membrane it allows certain substances to pass through eg water this is what happened the membrane allowed water to pass through and evaporated reducing the contents
Thanks Rockriver. That is really an eye opener.

Very strange. The guinea hen that laid the membrane egg died suddenly today! Will be taking it to the vet and keep you guys updated if anything comes up. The animal was very lively just this morning.

Back
Top Bottom