Vining / attractive / edible plants for the run fencing

Quote:
Bodily harm would never stop me..I love my Morning Glories..and really here, the ground is so dry, very few sprout on their own..to propagate we have to soak and file the seeds and most grown now are hybrids that don't replant on their own..I miss them:(

Quote:
BOTH... they grow fast and tall & they burst with seeds. They grow the following season from the seed dropped and all the dead, dry vines from the previous season have to be cleaned off. I wouldn't want to use them! I am trying this season to kill all little ones as they come up...
he.gif

edited to say... "Grampa Otts" morning glory... heirloom seeds.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Hops are great. They climb fast and are pretty to look at even though they are just green. The 'flowers'(part used for beer making) are neat looking too when they grow in. The chickens don't mess with them but if you start out with little ones I would definitely put a barrier of some type around them to keep the chickens away from them until they're established enough that the chickens don't see them as tasty shoots.

They also spread pretty fast but don't grow very deep so they're easy to keep under control by cutting off and digging up the roots/rhyzomes once a year. You will have to clear away the vines after they die off in late fall/early winter, but they aren't too thick so it's a fairly easy job.

Last edited:
Quote:
We don't seem to get nearly as hot as you guys!! And I noticed you guys use a lot more grass..which adds to the humidity factor..I think Phoenix looks like a CA city..nothing like Tucson...that's for sure...LOL I will check out those links..thank you!!

You're welcome.
smile.png

It's not humid in the low desert, normally...but, now, come late June-August, monsoon is the humidity factor!
lol.png

We recently finished another job on top of Mount Lemmon...was still chilly then but when it's nice like that it sure makes for a scenic day trip.

Quote:
I know...I noticed the difference in humidity immediately when I went to Phoenix for the first time..Phoenix feels like Sacramento..where I am from. You guys have so much grass! I will never forget one facebook conversation I was having with 2 friends..one was in New York, one here in Tucson...the one in New York was SO HAPPY the weather there was going to be "awesome" for a change..and the friend here was complaining like crazy about ours...guess what? Both places were going to be low 80s and about 30% humidity
lau.gif

Now that's funny! Though I would have thought the NY'er friend would consider that hot, and the zonie friend consider it cool! LOL

I think Phx humidity can't really compare to Sacramento's...isn't it like 4x the rainfall of here with an average of around 60%+ humidity?

Right now it's about 90 degrees here with 14% humidity. I wish Phx had temps and humidiy like Sacramento...then all the really :cool tropicals landscape plants that I love could easily grow here.

I noticed the difference in humidity immediately when I went to Phoenix for the first time..Phoenix feels like Sacramento..where I am from. You guys have so much grass! I will never forget one facebook conversation I was having with 2 friends..one was in New York, one here in Tucson...the one in New York was SO HAPPY the weather there was going to be "awesome" for a change..and the friend here was complaining like crazy about ours...guess what? Both places were going to be low 80s and about 30% humidity​

Back
Top Bottom