Vinyl or Linoleum Flooring Install

enggass

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 8, 2010
Mid-Coast Maine
I am thinking of getting some scrap flooring to put down on the floor of the coop I am building. I think I am going to be able to get a 7'x7' piece that will cover the entire floor. what is the easiest way to adhere this? Do I need to use a trowel etc., or can I just lay down some glue of some kind? Tips and advice appreciated.
Thanks,
Steve

If you have not put the walls up yet, then just a thin layer of glue or none at all and nail the edges down, when the walls are in place, they will hold the edges of the vinyl flooring in place. If you already have the walls up, use glue, but only what is recommended by manufacturer and then you can come up the wall by about 2 inches and nail into studs to secure in place. This will make easy cleanup.

Just attach with a few roofing nails.

0410001001.jpg

I used a wood trim around the top edge to keep them from picking at the edges.
0410001636.jpg

Once it is covered by litter, you won't see it.

Thanks for all of the replies... Fortunately my walls are not up yet, so I can just secure with nails or staples and then the walls will secure it more permanently. I'd rather not mess with an adhesive if not necessary. Also will make removal or replacement easier as mentioned.
Thanks!

Base floor is just some OSB... What size does formica come in and where would I find it? Not a bad idea. Expensive? I can get some scrap 7'x7' linoleum/vinyl for around $15...(that's probably overpaying, I know)

Back
Top Bottom