Vinyl Shed to Coop conversion is done!

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by louieloui, Jun 28, 2010.

1. louieloui

louieloui Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2010
    Well, almost done... I still need to add nesting boxes and the watering system (I'm using the gravity fed nipple system from Temtek), but the guineas are in it and loving it thus far. As soon as our newest additions feather out we'll be introducing the chickens to their new home as well!

https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=60320

2. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

Very nice.

Imp

3. columbiacritter

columbiacritter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 7, 2008
    Scappoose Oregon
    Your run looks nifty, but I don't see anythign to keep something from digging right under it? A coon or a skunk can dig fast and be in that run in a few minutes time. Since it's up already the buried wire approach is probably out. I'd be putting a hardware cloth apron out 2 ft alll the way around includign around the coop itself.

4. louieloui

louieloui Out Of The Brooder

Jun 12, 2010
    Quote:We did an apron of hardware cloth around the run that extends out between 1-2', it's just already buried (I forgot to take pics of it unburied). [​IMG] It does extend to the sides of the coop somewhat, just not all the way around it. I may do that, though.

5. CoyoteMagic

CoyoteMagic RIP ?-2014

I checked out one of these sheds this weekend. They are really nice. Great job!

6. GSDBESTK9

GSDBESTK9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland
    This is the post I was looking for!!! :D We are considering converting a vinyl shed we don't use into a coop and this post helps a lot with ideas!! Thank you!!!! :D

7. GSDBESTK9

GSDBESTK9 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2012
    Maryland
    Oh! I forgot to ask you. Where do you live? Are you concerned with cold winters?? I'm in Maryland and using a vinyl shed concerns me when it comes to insulating for the winter. Have you had any problems???

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by