Violently shaking hatching duckling. Help!

animegalash

In the Brooder
8 Years
May 7, 2011
We are trying to save a duckling that was in an incubator where a rotten egg exploded. The duckling was in the egg upside down, and we were unable to find that it was like that until we were cleaning the incubator out. We ended up trying to help it out of the egg because the membrane was drying up. It is now most of the way out of the egg. Temperature is good in the area we have it, and we are trying to get the humitity up. Its legs were shaking a lot a few minutes ago and it still shakes a little. It seems a little swollen in its butt.

Is there anything I can do? or is it a waiting game? It is fighting to get out, and its shaking has gone down since i have started typing. Should it live? Chances?

getting out of an egg is a very hard thing to do and i would just give the little guy some time....
jumpy.gif
he should be just fine
Congratulations

If you had the incubator open for a while for cleaning- and also the egg was out of the incubator while you were trying to help it out- it was most likely just very cold and given a chance to warm up agin it should stop if nothing else was causing it.

Well, he didn't make it.
sad.png
Died a few minutes ago and we went to bury him. He was doing fine, but then he just stopped breathing.

Back
Top Bottom