Violetsfeathers Flock

Pics
I candled the eggs today, I couldn't really see anything but it looks like maybe one is infertile and another had a shell light enough that I could see a small blood ring on the yolk (not the bad kind that goes around the whole egg)

I cracked five eggs out of eight open, they were not fertilized. Two are for sure alive, the other one I thought I saw bloood vessels in.

So I put five new eggs under the raspberry

Dot layed an egg today! So I put it under raspberry plus an extra egg. Raspberry is sitting on the three that have been incubating and the two I put under her tonight.
Snowberry is sitting on the eggs I put under raspberry yesterday.

Of the original eight eggs eggs that were due to hatch March 4 only two are alive. Then there are five eggs that will hatch March 11 and I think only one of them are infertile. And there are two eggs that would hatch March 12 but they are either both infertile or it's too early to tell.

Hope you have good luck with your hatch!:thumbsup We are thinking maybe if one of the hens goes broody this year we'll let her hatch some chickies!:D. But we would wait until it gets closer to spring instead of this 50 degree weather one week -10 degrees the next, lol.

Last edited:
Hope you have good luck with your hatch!:thumbsup We are thinking maybe if one of the hens goes broody this year we'll let her hatch some chickies!:D. But we would wait until it gets closer to spring instead of this 50 degree weather one week -10 degrees the next, lol.

Thanks! I don't mind hatching this early because it is much easier if a broody raises the chicks in any weather (although I'm still thinking about taking them away from her) but mostly I'm hatching this early because they should be a certain age for the fair

Of the original eight eggs eggs that were due to hatch March 4 only two are alive. Then there are five eggs that will hatch March 11 and I think only one of them are infertile. And there are two eggs that would hatch March 12 but they are either both infertile or it's too early to tell.

There are two eggs that will hatch March 4th, both are from pebbles (possibly Dot) and pumpkin.

4 eggs will hatch March 11 two from Sweetie and two mystery eggs (I think pebbles)

1 egg will hatch March 12, it is Dots.

Back
Top Bottom