Violetsfeathers Flock

Pics
The egg hatched and spice tried to kill it (she was the one sitting on them) so it's sleeping in my room tonight! :weee

Sweetie is the mom and I think huckleberry is the dad (not pumpkin) because it has a single comb (I think) so it is 1/4 brahma. Cuz sweetie is half brahma.
Also the other one pipped and we are waiting for it to hatch before we take it from spice.

Last edited:
The chick is sleeping in my room and is actually sleeping. Not screaming for its mommy/me like I thought it would. It only peeps if it's too hot or too cold and then I adjust the heat lamp.
Best sleepover ever!

our fat, lazy house cat who I trust to watch my dwarf hamster run around the house is sleeping on the bed with me like she always does.

(I don't have a hamster anymore (and not because of the cat))

Last edited:
I have named the chicks! If you have not read the 'Warriors' book series by Erin Hunter (it's about cats that live in the forest) then you will think these names are strange.

Icewing. Icechicks Mom is Sweetie and her dad is Huckleberry. Sweeties parents are Dot and Pumpkin. Icewing is 3/4 Cochin and 1/4 brahma.

Sunfrost. Sunchicks Mom is either Wisteria or Snowberry, her dad is Pumpkin. She is half Cochin half brahma.

Last edited:
Icewing seems to like me better, she will follow my face around. My sister likes Sunfrost better and claims it loves her.

Last night (they sleep by my bed) the chicks were peeping a little bit while I was trying to sleep (they're usually SUPER quiet) so I looked in their box and talked to them and Icewing came up to my face so I picked her up and held her in my hands for a while, then I put her back. Well, sometime in the middle of the night I moved and heard a chick peeping in bed and felt a warm little chick butt next to me and I was like "How did this chick get in bed with me?!". So then I put Icewing back in its box and went back to sleep.

In the morning I figured out that I was probably dreaming that I put her back the first time (I sometimes dream I'm shutting my alarm off but then it doesn't work because I'm dreaming and I realize I'm dreaming and wake up) and that the second time was for real.

So I slept with a chick! And I didn't squash it!

Last edited:
Snowberry is not broody anymore, I broke her.
Raspberry has mites again so I'm breaking her now, sorry raspberry but I can't let you raise chicks with mites and you won't get rid of them if you're broody.
So I put the eggs in my incubator that I made sure was working last night. It's my first time trying and incubator and I'm a little nervous.
Spice is still broody. Maybe I'll give her chicks.

Back
Top Bottom