Viral?? or Vitamin Def?? new chick sitting on its but help!!!! pics

silky ma

Songster
12 Years
Sep 14, 2007
I have a 2-3 day old Silkie chick. day 1 1/2 up and moving just started eating drinking. This morning it is ****** off and cant get onto its legs, so it sits on its but and tries, and tries to stand. Not sure is this vitamin deficiency or viral so I put all 3 chicks on a natural anti viral....elderberry.... via dropper a mixure of 1/2 elderberry 1/2 purified water. HAS ANYONE HAD EXPERIENCE WITH THIS????

I could not find pics on net or this site so here are before and after.
pic 1 having a go at eating with mom and dad.

pic 2 chick was wanting to be on mom so I helped it do a "bob" aka baby on back. This is my strongest chick out of the 3 that hatched out of the hova bator....yes I know I hate Hovas but I have only one hen after loosing all to the bird flu and she doesn't keep all the eggs under her While incubating. BY the way I have been hatching since 2000 this is hatch # 28....here is the chick today.....
ONE VERY ****** OFFED CHICK!! What is this?????

I gave the elderberry and Enfamil poly-vi-sol non iron vts to the chick at 9:15 am and at 11:05 am he was able to get back on his feet and while he is wobbly he is much happier!!!! So I will keep all on both supplements for a week.

I want to thank Gallant Game in a sept 18 2009 post about this possibly being a thiamine deficiency and recommending the Enfamil
vits. Apparently this person is offline but if you know who this is tell them thank you!!!!

Back
Top Bottom