Virginia - DO NOT ORDER from Cackle Hatchery

Oh on Craigslist I know someone that advertised for a rare breed & bam it was to strange--This lady had ordered from some where & had to order like 25 or so & she sold off all but 5 to the girl. She wanted them that bad! So maybe if ya hold your mouth right while your typin up an ad you may have the responses that you were lookin for--
lol.png
. I hope so at least part of your order. Again goodluck & hope you get what you need.

Oh boy, I'm really sorry to hear about this. Cackle is my favorite hatchery and I try to order everything I can from them. They always send healthy birds, and a wonderful mixture. Not to mention I almost always end up with all girls in a straight run batch. I got two boys out of thirty st. run chicks this year!

Seems like things are getting more and more strict all the time. It's almost impossible to sell at many auctions and sales in my area without having to go through a ton of different tests. I got myself certified for pullorum testing just so I could do it myself. It's just too much of a hassle calling other people out to do it!

It is listed on the home page of Cackle Hatchery that they do not ship to the Commonwealth of Virginia.

I also agree with MissPrissy, if you can't do the test, then I wouldn't want the birds.\\

Check out Privitt Hatchery, they have very good prices and are very helpful and nice.

thechickcrew - not posted that well... sorry, no excuses.. not to mention I ordered over the phone... as I said, I just got my internet back... It really does not matter, now, does it. And I can agree with what Ms Prissy and you said, if you cant test them, then I dont want them... But, Cackle was my favorite and never did me wrong, I like going where I know I will get something good... I just now have to look elsewhere and wait until next season or try to find a local chicken raiser that I can get some pure bred chickies from that I really wanted. Oh well...

It's very late in the season for me to be getting anything I want at this point. I have searched all the hatcheries, yes, even mcmurray, and they are sold out of just about everything.

Please understand that I am not bad mouthing Cackle,. I'm not, I'm just upset... I actually posted this post because I was hoping to get help... thats all... nothing more...

I do want to thank those of you who did help and lead me in different directions... I just want to get all my birds from one place and not have to pay out an arm and a leg for shipping when ordering from 3+ different places.

I will end this here... thanks for the info...

Back
Top Bottom