Virginia, (outside of Charlottesville)... Searching for chicks/ducks/geese that are local to me...

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by LondonMcKNight, Feb 19, 2015.

1. LondonMcKNight

LondonMcKNight Out Of The Brooder

Feb 15, 2015
    Gordonsville, Virginia
    HI VIRGINIA! I'm looking to add a few more feathered friends to my flock...=)

I've found several places online to purchase chicks/ducks/geese, but the first issues is that most of them require that I purchase a LARGE QUANTITY, and the second issue is the SHIPPING COST in insane! I have a small flock that I intended to raise as pets & for eggs. I would LOVE to add:
    one Khaki Campbell duck, (as I already have one)...

***2 Cayuga ducklings...
    ***A few frizzle chicks, (hopefully one of each color; black/red/white)...
    ***A Sebastopol goose, a saddleback would be my dream, (I'd love to have two but, I can't afford to spend $100+ it would cost for two). I wonder if a single goose would be happy with just the chickens and ducks as friends, or if it would be cruel to the goose to be the only one??? I wanted to add add the goose for protection, so I wasn't concerned about the sex of the Sebastopol, but then someone told me that if I had a male it would try to mate with the ducks and possibly injure or even kill them???

THANKS for any help anyone can offer!! Cheers ~London

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by