Virginia

Hello can you tell me where you got your flock from.We recently bought a house on 5+ acres of land,and we want a farm.Any help would be appreciated.

Originally got 6 from Tractor Supply in the spring. Southern States also sells chicks in the spring. Had to rehome one that was a rooster and had one killed by a opossum. Bought an EE from a guy who lives in the Back Creek area. This time of year you might want to check craigslist...have seen several postings for pullets/roosters. Also go to Tractor Supply or Southern States, most of the employees raise chickens and some of them sell them...also check the message boards at TSC. Good luck!

Quote:
There is a wanted link under index on here .You can post there what you are looking for. I bought my last layers at the Va show a couple of weeks ago .My older ones from a breeder off of Pet Chickens of Va.Read up on the different breeds and how they lay then look for your layers. I wanted good layers that layed alot of eggs and made the mistake of buying heavy breeds,now I have leghorns.The leghorns are not real friendly but not mean either.Still have my BLRW and they should start laying any time now.They are super friendly but I can not say how well they lay yet.They are also really pretty .It just depends on what you like in a bird.You could also look under hatching eggs and hatch some out also. I am sure you can still get pullets and point of lay pullets .Asking at the feed stores is a great idea and putting an ad on craigslist is free.just be careful and don't buy any hens over two years old as you will be disappointed in their laying.

Here are some of my tolbunts

37218_2011-11-30_065753-1.jpg

37218_2011-11-30_070640-1.jpg

37218_2011-11-30_070757-1.jpg

Quote:
beautiful. My daughter is about to get some white frizzled polish. But I do love those Tolbunts, way too pretty.

Love bearded wc white frizzle...she getting lf from sylvia?

Back
Top Bottom