Virginia

Hello everyone, I'm new to the site. I'm in Giles county and am currently looking for some EE and black copper maran pullets if anyone has any nearby.

Quote:
Hello everyone, I'm new to the site. I'm in Giles county and am currently looking for some EE and black copper maran pullets if anyone has any nearby.
well, i might suggest the poultry swap at the TSC in C'burg on the 2nd.

i've got a bunch of eggs due on the 30th, cuckoo and black copper marans, welsummers, bbs ameraucana and a few olive eggers, plus bantam cochins and silver grey dorkings of my own. the other eggs were all shipped...

no clue what's hatching yet but i might have a few with me at that time. i'll also be bringing a few Dorking girls that didn't make the cut for my breeding program, a white bantam cochin pullet and maybe a few odds n ends here and there. i've also got some barred rock chicks that i might bring too. haven't decided quite yet.

Hello fellow Virginians!
frow.gif

I'm located in Dinwiddie county close to the Sussex county line. I breed Cane Corso (a breed of Italian mastiff) and I also have a jack russell and a bengal cat.

I've been lurking for a while now gathering information on raising chickens. Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll get my first chicks or pullets. I am looking for chickens that are dual purpose. I don't think I'll have a problem butchering my own chickens and I'm not squemish (sp) at all but I'd like to find a mentor that is local that can show me the ropes when the time comes.

I'm having an old chicken coop delivered today. It needs a new roof and some more ventilation and I'll be building a run to attach it to. I think I'll build some nest boxes to attach to the outside of it so I don't loose any space inside (it's a small coop). I have looked through most, if not all of the coop designs on this site for ideas and inspiration.

Hello fellow Virginians!
frow.gif

I'm located in Dinwiddie county close to the Sussex county line. I breed Cane Corso (a breed of Italian mastiff) and I also have a jack russell and a bengal cat.

I've been lurking for a while now gathering information on raising chickens. Hopefully by the end of the summer I'll get my first chicks or pullets. I am looking for chickens that are dual purpose. I don't think I'll have a problem butchering my own chickens and I'm not squemish (sp) at all but I'd like to find a mentor that is local that can show me the ropes when the time comes.

I'm having an old chicken coop delivered today. It needs a new roof and some more ventilation and I'll be building a run to attach it to. I think I'll build some nest boxes to attach to the outside of it so I don't loose any space inside (it's a small coop). I have looked through most, if not all of the coop designs on this site for ideas and inspiration.
welcome-byc.gif
I am sure there is some one who is down near you that can help you out. I am in Stuarts Draft so a little far out. I would love to see some pictures of your Cane Corso's. I am a big fan of the Mastiff breeds. I have a mixed breed mastiff he is a bull-mastiff airedale. He is a big loving dog.

This

This is Ally. She's my goofy girl as you can see :)

This is Luciana. She's my biggest dog weighing in at 120

This is Vito. He was our first corso. He is spoiled rotten.

I have more. . will post later.

Donny/Kristen?!!
wee.gif

I'm over here on Flatfoot!
Love the corsos, we had been thinking about getting one of yours before we decided to get our dane! (it was a hard choice... dane or mastiff....)

If you want to come by and see our set up just pm me. More than happy to give you as much info as I can. I may also have a few chicks later on down the road or maybe even some hens!
FYI, there's a chicken swap in Franklin on June 23rd and one in South Hill on June 16th. Will be at both with our pup and a bunch of OEGB chicks.

Back
Top Bottom