Virginia

my babies on their perch! Its so cute the little things they learn each day!

Awwww, nothing cuter than watching babies explore the world around them...:love

Is there any chicken people that did not get tagged with the big Brahma rooster? 2017, year of the fad chicken 'brahmas'. Each to their own I guess. Maybe Greenfire farms will import the Kosavo Big Brahma and get $5000 a pair

Is there any chicken people that did not get tagged with the big Brahma rooster? 2017, year of the fad chicken 'brahmas'. Each to their own I guess. Maybe Greenfire farms will import the Kosavo Big Brahma and get $5000 a pair

I wanted a couple of dark brahmas months before that monster showed up online. I just haven't gotten the timing right to order the hatching eggs or chicks. Now I have too many chicks and adding some at this point would be too big of an age difference for the ones in the brooder. Maybe next year.

My older ladies took good care of us for years so we take good care of them during retirement. All the grandmas in our retirement coop come first. They're run is the first to be let out in the morning, the first to get feed, and the first to get treats. We give them TONS of special treatment. I know a lot of people will disagree with me but I would never get rid of a pet because they got too old or stopped performing. I love my girls

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok but if you continue to breed the same birds year after year, where is the improvement? Are the offspring better than the parents? Then why keep the parents? I have found that you must make room for the better birds so that they can reproduce. When I sell an older hen or cock, it is not worn out or non productive. It is to make room for the better birds that these older birds have produced. I would buy them in a heartbeat.

Back
Top Bottom