Virginia

Attempting to post a pic...
IMG_20190903_175149971.jpg

Right now, we have about 25 lbs (maybe less) of the DuMor Starter/Grower. My girls are going to start the Grower/Finisher next time we have to fill the feeder they have. Ours is also a gravity style feeder, though what with the humidity, we can't fill it with a lot or it will get nice and cakey. (They don't mind that, but the flies love it and it no longer comes out automatically.)

If you're not going to use it, I'd be happy to get the leftover feed from you :)
I'm in Montpelier.

I have two 12 week old roosters that need new homes. I'm not allowed to keep them. One is a barred rock and the other I'm not sure about, but is very handsome. They have been exposed to mycoplasma but have not displayed any symptoms and haven't been tested. No aggressiveness, yet.

I realize this is a looooong shot but I'd rather try to find them a home before we have to cull them:(

Will send better pics if anyone is interested. IMG_20190908_100019.jpg IMG_20190908_150615.jpg

Hi there! I currently live in Portland, OR, but am planning to move to the DC metropolitan area/DMV to be closer to family.

We'll be looking to buy a house in the area, and one of my must-haves is being able to once again have chickens and a good amount of raised garden beds. That's a really easy thing to find here in Portland, but it seems to be hard to find in DC-area northern Virginia, and nearly impossible in DC-area Maryland. (And it sounds like chickens are outright banned in DC proper).

Anybody on these forums have recommendations for cities/counties/townships that allow backyard chickens, or how to find that info? We haven't settled on a particular area, but I'm pretty sure we'll be priced out of Fairfax county.

Thanks!!

Hi, and welcome to Virginia! I'm not sure how far you want to be from DC, but you might try looking at Culpeper county, Fauquier county, and spotsylvania county. Most of the city of Fredericksburg VA is chicken friendly. Good luck!
Amy

Hello there...I am in Christiansburg Va south of Roanoke...I have been looking for a young silky hen for so long now...is there anyone who has one in va? It will be my emotional support animal..I've gotten nothing but offers of lots of roosters :) please help? I cannot attend swaps or gatherings.

Back
Top Bottom