Virginia

I'm in Amelia, nice to meet some fellow Virginians! We moved back to my husband's family's place to take care of his parents in 2019. The farm has been in his mom's family for 170 years and we're working to repurpose and remake the old into new. Stumping pine trees is hard work but we are really enjoying it! We have an experimental apple orchard of 30 trees, a couple of pecan trees planted in 2017, 8 denizon oaks that predate Jamestown, an old cow barn, a tobacco barn (come woodshop), a corn crib (my office), a wheat house, and a smokehouse. Chickens are the latest experiment. First dozen or so are due to hatch on Tuesday. Is anyone else hatching over the holidays?
Hi! Nice to meet you. Your place sounds gorgeous!

Hi! Nice to meet you. Your place sounds gorgeous!
Its a work in progress but it's home! The chicks are here! All 16 hatched perfectly! IMG_E5775.JPG

Does anyone have a rooster that needs rehomed near Lynchburg, my mother wanted a pair of chickens but they were actually both hens, she spoils them and they are free ranged from morning to night and she let's them sleep in the house( yes she has a coop but she dosent use it) she wont eat them, she saves mice from the cat so shes not gonna hurt him, preferably gentle with hens since there are only 2, and friendly with people would also be nice but since they free range in the backyard she dosent mess with them that much, though they do get kitchen scraps and more bugs than you can count on 2 hands, it is a good home, breed and age dosent matter as long as it's not elderly or too younge to be outside so from about 3 months to 4 years is a good range.

Hello hope I am posting this in the right space I live in King William VA, I adopted my neighbors geese after she had passed away. We have been raising them for three years now. We are going to move to upstate New York and are afraid to bring them due to the Coyote population. They have two prefab sheds that they go in every night. The oldest is a white male Pilgrim named Travis, he is 14. His wife is Mummy and she is a Greylag or Pilgrim, that is about 5 years old. Their son Gellante is 4 years old and is a mix of the two. His lady friend Julia is a Pomeranian and the same age. We are willing to deliver them to a good home in Virginia with or without their houses. I have kiddie pools for them as well that I can include. We really want them to go to a home with a pond and safe environment. They are pets and are not meat birds. Thank you for looking. Please feel free to message me if you are interested

Hello hope I am posting this in the right space I live in King William VA, I adopted my neighbors geese after she had passed away. We have been raising them for three years now. We are going to move to upstate New York and are afraid to bring them due to the Coyote population. They have two prefab sheds that they go in every night. The oldest is a white male Pilgrim named Travis, he is 14. His wife is Mummy and she is a Greylag or Pilgrim, that is about 5 years old. Their son Gellante is 4 years old and is a mix of the two. His lady friend Julia is a Pomeranian and the same age. We are willing to deliver them to a good home in Virginia with or without their houses. I have kiddie pools for them as well that I can include. We really want them to go to a home with a pond and safe environment. They are pets and are not meat birds. Thank you for looking. Please feel free to message me if you are interested
Hi, I responded to your other thread!

Hi All! I just wanted to join this thread as I recently moved to Virginia! What a beautiful State! I currently have 11 chicks and will be adding more to our flock. We bought 22 acres here and just LOVE the green after being in Arizona for many years, and yes, we brought the chicks with us from AZ!

Hi All! I just wanted to join this thread as I recently moved to Virginia! What a beautiful State! I currently have 11 chicks and will be adding more to our flock. We bought 22 acres here and just LOVE the green after being in Arizona for many years, and yes, we brought the chicks with us from AZ!
Welcome to Virginia!!

I'm in South East Virginia (Chesapeake). Is there a Khaki Campbell breeder nearby? I'll be looking to get khaki campbell ducklings this year.

Welcome to Virginia! Hope you love it here.

Hi! I live in Maryland and have 2 roos that need homes.

The one below is ~6 months old and a mix from my polish hen and buff silkie roo. He is shy to human but a good alarm against predators and very handsome.
PXL_20220111_185020170.jpg

PXL_20220111_185005452.jpg

The second one is a Favaucanas (My Pet Chicken's cross between Faverolles and Ameraucanas), 7 months old. We ordered them as a hen from My Pet Chicken but she turned out to be a roo... We were very surprised when the crowing started! He is a very large bird, very sweet, and a real looker.
PXL_20220111_184806358.jpg

PXL_20220111_184837626.jpg

Please let me know if you are interested or know anyone who might be able to take one or both of them! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom