Virginia

Has anyone been to this place? It's a bulk foods store. One of my drivers raves about it. I'd like to visit if the prices really are all that wonderful?

The Cheese Shop in Stuarts Draft VA

No, however it sounds awesome. I am a huge fan of a similar place, called Sharp Shopper, it has lots of Amish bulk foods and great prices, a lot of the stuff is close to expiry, but canned goods and frozen stuff can't be beat.

http://www.sharpshopper.net/index.html

Has anyone been to this place? It's a bulk foods store. One of my drivers raves about it. I'd like to visit if the prices really are all that wonderful?

The Cheese Shop in Stuarts Draft VA
I've heard of it but never been there. my Mom goes there all the time.

We have a place called "Yoders" near us that is supposedly similar. They do have some stuff that you cant get in a more modern store. I have bought organic wheat there for sprouting.

Still on the hunt in Southwest Virginia/New River Valley area for the following if anyone has any leads on availability or breeders. Preferably young birds; around 8 weeks or so would be perfect but would go younger (or slightly older for the right birds):

Pure Ameraucana
Marans or Welsummer

Olive Egger
Naked Neck

On another note... What the heck is with the weather lately? Just a few days before June and it's freezing outside (literally in some areas in elevations). Here Summer, Summer. Heeeeere Summer!

Last edited:
@ bowen012 ...Blackberry winter -
big_smile.png

I've heard of it but never been there. my Mom goes there all the time.

We have a place called "Yoders" near us that is supposedly similar. They do have some stuff that you cant get in a more modern store. I have bought organic wheat there for sprouting.

What, you have Yoders??? Where is it?? There's one in PA that I love.

Still on the hunt in Southwest Virginia/New River Valley area for the following if anyone has any leads on availability or breeders. Preferably young birds; around 8 weeks or so would be perfect but would go younger (or slightly older for the right birds):

Exhequer Leghorn
Marans or Welsummer

Olive Egger
Naked Neck

On another note... What the heck is with the weather lately? Just a few days before June and it's freezing outside (literally in some areas in elevations). Here Summer, Summer. Heeeeere Summer!
pm me... one of the guys that's at the c'burg swap regularly has wheaten marans and welsummers. I can give you his phone #.

didn't miss much at the southern states swap in Roanoke, if you didn't go... there were 2 people there, one with some coturnix quail and a couple game roos, the other with silkies (that looked mostly like young roos IMO).

Back
Top Bottom