Virginia

We had a groundhog suddenly make an appearance at the shed in our outer run about a week ago. We've had groundhogs in that spot in the past, but hadn't seen any for about 5 yrs. I know they allegedly are "mostly herbivores" but I've also read where they eat small animals. I read that they don't like the human scent, so I had someone in our family urinate at the hole and I haven't seen the groundhog return lol.

ok fwiw, I have lots of eggs available, if anyone wants to hatch something...
sg dorking, free range mix (mostly pure dorkings & EE's hatch), bantam blrw (they were free ranging a week ago so possibly not pure), bantam blrw x partridge cochin, EE's (many weebies), sfh (possibly not pure they were free ranging as of last weekend).

pm me if you are interested. I have them on a bst also with some pics... I will ship or local pickup.

yesss.gif

Processed my first chickens Saturday! I was VERY nervous but Kdbeads is an excellent teacher. These were some of her birds but I'm confident now that if/when the time comes for my own birds, I can 'do the deed'.

Yay that is so exciting cane sisters!! So when the time comes you can teach me right?

LOL, I could show you what I know - but Carmen is a VERY good teacher with a lot more experience. You'd probably do better to work out something with her.

Wouldn't THAT make the Sept Hargraves swap memorable! We could set up a processing tent over in a corner somewhere!
ep.gif

By a roo and for an extra $10 you can take him home pot-ready - LOL.

Back
Top Bottom