Virginia

Well, we finally moved to VA! I'm excited to plan our coop and finally get some chickens! Is end of September too late in the year to get them- should I wait until the spring? I'm in Gore (west of Winchester).
If you have somewhere to keep them warm until they are fully feathered they should be fine. Assuming you have a good coop to put them in when they do go out. I did some in September and it was a challenge because of weather and not wanting them to get chilled.

Well, we finally moved to VA! I'm excited to plan our coop and finally get some chickens! Is end of September too late in the year to get them- should I wait until the spring? I'm in Gore (west of Winchester).

Congrats on the move! Welcome home!

A couple or four pullets just thinking about coming into lay would be just what the doctor ordered. Mmmm - fresh eggs all through the short days of winter....
love.gif

anyone going to be at the Rocky Mount tractor suppy swap saturday???
if so what will you have??
i'm going but don't know what i'll be bringing. if anything. mostly just going to see what's there.

I think Dan said he was going too (he's not online much, and not on byc I don't think). he has welsummer, wheaten marans, ancona ducks, bbs ameraucana & a variety of quail & some other assorted things. no telling what he'll bring with him. it seems to change pretty randomly. but he's usually got a couple dark eggers and ducks. oh and pigeons too usually.

Last edited:
i'm going but don't know what i'll be bringing. if anything. mostly just going to see what's there.

I think Dan said he was going too (he's not online much, and not on byc I don't think). he has welsummer, wheaten marans, ancona ducks, bbs ameraucana & a variety of quail & some other assorted things. no telling what he'll bring with him. it seems to change pretty randomly. but he's usually got a couple dark eggers and ducks. oh and pigeons too usually.
thank you.. gona try to get some more "livestock" money by then.. really looking forward to getting welsummers and maybe more EE.. I'll be the short woman with 5 kids tagging along lol

Congrats on the move!  Welcome home!

A couple or four pullets just thinking about coming into lay would be just what the doctor ordered. Mmmm - fresh eggs all through the short days of winter.... :love

That sounds perfect! What breed would you recommend? And where can I get pullets without going to a swap?

I have Narragansett turkeys that are 5 months old. I would like to sell them in pairs or trios, if anyone is interested.
I am in Bowling Green.

Back
Top Bottom