Virginia

Montvale, VA, here (yes, you're allowed to say "where?"). Between Roanoke and Bedford. New to this page, but raising the girls for yrs now. I adopted a cowardly rooster from the pound before he was euthanized. He's my buddy now.

Montvale, VA, here (yes, you're allowed to say "where?"). Between Roanoke and Bedford. New to this page, but raising the girls for yrs now. I adopted a cowardly rooster from the pound before he was euthanized. He's my buddy now.

looks like our area's growing a bit! I know of 2 Catawba (myself for one, but I say Roanoke otherwise people also go 'huh?') a couple Floyd, bodetot (yes it's spelled wrong, I never can get it right), Bedford, Lynchburg, rocky mount... oh and Wytheville now too!

there's more that I'm missing I'm sure.

looks like our area's growing a bit! I know of 2 Catawba (myself for one, but I say Roanoke otherwise people also go 'huh?') a couple Floyd, bodetot (yes it's spelled wrong, I never can get it right), Bedford, Lynchburg, rocky mount... oh and Wytheville now too!

there's more that I'm missing I'm sure.
Too funny. My husband and I just pronounce it as it is spelled. Crazy word. I'm Troutville to be more exact.
big_smile.png

Quote:
yeah usually it comes out bodytot... these towns in VA get me... like Stan-ton is not spelled Staunton (but it is, and not pronounced ston-ton) or whiffle. sorry that's whytheville... LOL Catawba's hard enough if you don't live around here. little did I know, the first time I drove thru (got lost coming from 64 to 81 years ago) that I'd live here. at the time I was calling it cat a wa ba. (it's cah-taw-bah).

at least we're not in new England. then you have to deal with all kinds of indian names... like Passamaquoddy, or Piscataquis, or many others (just realized a LOT of them start with P... Penobscot, Passadumkeag, etc.)

hello welcome im in Gretna so im not too far away. im maybe 35 miles from Bedford.

Back
Top Bottom