Virginia

Here in Virginia too! My poor girls can't even walk out in there run right now with out being drenched! Anyway, I need some help. I got my first 16 chicks last spring from McMurray Hatchery. Got them all vaccinated. Well one in not a hen lol but he is a great big buff orpington Roo. He has been a really sweet guy, actually my kids favorites, but now that they have all matured and it is spring, it has all changed. My poor girls are featherless from him mating them and he has become very protective. Every time I try to even get close to the run he attacks. He doesn't do this to the kids or my husband but he does to me and my Aunt. I think the real issue is that he just desnt have enough space. I wasn't building my coop and run to accommodate a large roo.
So to the question.... What is the best way for me to find him a good home? Maybe someone on here with more land would want him, or maybe craigslist?
If he attacked me I would send him off to freezer camp.

I agree too but my hubby thinks I need to find him a new home. But of course my hubby doesn't get attacked. We will see I am just tired of having to make sure he can't get to me. Its crazy!

Back
Top Bottom