Virginia

LOL  hubby and I claim to be 'wine snobs'. we only drink wine from Floyd county.  love all their sweet wines (red and sweet mtn laurel especially, drinking blushing dog right now).
ever hear wine is the drink of the dreamers? I wonder what beer is? Oh well I cook with all. Champagne cake, red wine in beef dish and white wine in chicken dishes, beer batter bread many more.

Last edited:
LOL hubby and I claim to be 'wine snobs'. we only drink wine from Floyd county. love all their sweet wines (red and sweet mtn laurel especially, drinking blushing dog right now).

LOL if I drank spirits just from this county I would only be drinking White lightning - Although I read some one is getting ready to open a distillery local - just talk so far

LOL hubby and I claim to be 'wine snobs'. we only drink wine from Floyd county. love all their sweet wines (red and sweet mtn laurel especially, drinking blushing dog right now).

I make 3 wines every year; dandelion in the spring, blackberry in the summer, and grape in the fall
all grown on the farm in Cumberland county va. , most consider the dandelion a weed but has health benefits also they are free for the picking.
blackberries are also free and have natural yeast on them. watch out for the briers. the grapevine consists of concord, white and red grapes. we planted these years ago. after we make jams and jellies the rest I use for wine.

"...consider the dandelion a weed."

dandelion wine -
important Spring Honey Bee forage -
early salad green with an edge to them -
seedheads are timeless entertainers of children -

I could go for more dandelions and less poison, but that's just me.

Lol...I just read over that....I always have to throw odd things in....no paragraphs of only one subject with me. I talk the same way......some people understand me.

I do miss them a lot.
Oh, I am certain not just certain words, grammar and style of speech is CERTAINLY a throw back or nod to the olde gals. Very religious, they did not cuss at all ever, only drank and smoked at home and never on SundayLOL except Sunday diner after church of course but only with the Sunday meal but never if company present.

"...consider the dandelion a weed."

dandelion wine -
important Spring Honey Bee forage -
early salad green with an edge to them -
seedheads are timeless entertainers of children -

I could go for more dandelions and less poison, but that's just me.

My chickens love dandelions. I wanted to buy seeds. The difference between my dh and me? Me southerner loves dandelions, him northerer hates dandelions. So All my english chickies have conformed nice to the South.

I make 3 wines every year; dandelion in the spring, blackberry in the summer, and grape in the fall
        all grown on the farm in Cumberland county va. , most consider the dandelion a weed but has health benefits also  they are free for the picking.
blackberries are also free and have natural yeast on them. watch out for the briers. the grapevine consists of concord, white and red grapes. we planted these years ago.  after we make jams and jellies the rest I use for wine.
Lucky chickens,you do feed them the wastes? If there us any? I went for the for Apple cider place not far from here and asked for the by products for my chickens. They use it for fertilizer and do not give or sell. I planted more apple trees.

Oh, I am certain not just certain words, grammar and style of speech is CERTAINLY a throw back or nod to the olde gals. Very religious, they did not cuss at all ever, only drank and smoked at home and never on SundayLOL except Sunday diner after church of course but only with the Sunday meal but never if company present.

Whew....just got home, busy day.

I had to look at a photo I found of my granny. On the back she had written " my eyes are kindly swelled". I loved her so much.
Don't know why her eyes would have been swollen in the picture as she didn't say. I loved my other granny too.....when leaving from visiting her she would pack us sausage biscuits for our trip and we would both cry. I love sausage better than anything else when we butcher, even to this day.

Back
Top Bottom