Virginia

Someone laid their first egg today!! I think it may be the little Phoenix girl. It is a bit smaller than the others and is skinny and pointy. I saw her in the "two seater" with poor Jessica. Later I found a new egg in one of the bucket nests. Don't know how often to expect an egg from her...but its exciting to find a new egg. I say poor Jessica because she is broody again. Which means she may quit laying....lol....pick up a new one and lose another.
I hope she got a little peatnut butter in her morning bowl of Oatmeal.

I need some sleuthing help, y'all. I found another small egg today. I cannot find my scale to see how much it weighs. I also found the largest I have had so far.....that poor little RSL. Anyway......do you all think the Phoenix would have laid another egg so soon? The first small egg was just the day before yesterday. I thought she would only lay every once in a while....it could be from the Partridge Rock. Any hints on egg color or any other clues I can use? I am just curious about who is laying what and I have not caught any new girls in the nest except for Ebony and then I didn't actually see her leave an egg behind. Thnx for any help.

Do they really like peanut butter? I just picture their little beaks being glued shut.

I found an interesting blog called "Blind Pig and the Acorn".
i have put peanut butter on toast scrapes, jam, honey, eggs, melted fats, suet, oatmeal, bread, apple bits, even eggs, you name it into a milk and water heated up and poured into their troth for them to have at it on cold mornings and they run to it with it steaming and and it is gone before I can get back up to the house. It is not boiling or very hot. Just steaming from the cold air.

Last edited:
i have put peanut butter on toast scrapes, jam, honey, eggs, melted fats, suet, oatmeal, bread, apple bits, even eggs, you name it into a milk and water heated up and poured into their troth for them to have at it on cold mornings and they run to it with it steaming and and it is gone before I can get back up to the house. It is not boiling or very hot. Just steaming from the cold air.
Good to know. My hubby loves to make nut butters.

Back
Top Bottom