Virginia

I'd assume they'd eat Muscadine berries. Never heard of snuppernog. Are the vines to where your could build what people grow grapes on (cant remember what those are called) and then fence off the vines?

A trellis? We can make them for the berries (according to Wikipedia Muscadines and Scuppernongs are different terms for the same fruit), but I bet those selfish birds will think I built fruit vine perches just for them. I'm starting to regret having given them blueberries and yogurt as chicks.

They love grapes

:(

A trellis? We can make them for the berries (according to Wikipedia Muscadines and Scuppernongs are different terms for the same fruit), but I bet those selfish birds will think I built fruit vine perches just for them. I'm starting to regret having given them blueberries and yogurt as chicks.

:(
Yes!, a trellis!

caf.gif
Anyone?
caf.gif

Last edited:
Hello from Varina! Someone had mentioned looking for white egg layers... Might I recommend Hereticks in Petersburg? Theey get pre sexed chicks and have a list posted of breeds they are getting each week. No minimum purchase either. They have been very nice every time I have been there.

for anyone in the Roanoke area, northwest hardware on Williamson rd will be getting some more chicks on Monday. Easter egger, red sexlink, gold sex link and barred rock pullets. no idea where their supply comes from, but thought I'd pass that along.

I have some pullets from TSC growing out but no idea of breed yet. if none are buff orps they'll all be for sale.

I'll also have some bantam cochins with me at the Roanoke swap next Saturday (the 21st). a black pair and 3 red hens. lost my buff and red roosters so I'm getting out of the reds for good.

breeds I'm keeping are calico bantam cochins, red and silver grey Dorkings, Swedish flower hens and blue laced red Wyandottes. I've got a few chicks hatched so far and will be hatching as many as possible, but will be growing them out some to determine which ones stay/go, so it'll be a while more before they become available.

Back
Top Bottom