Virginia

I'm in the Haymarket area and am looking for a couple of Orpington chicks to add to my small backyard flock. Anyone know of a good place to find some?

I'm in the Haymarket area and am looking for a couple of Orpington chicks to add to my small backyard flock. Anyone know of a good place to find some?

Welcome to BYC and the Virginia thread!
welcome-byc.gif

Don't know of any right off, but good luck in your search!

well, if they don't sell sooner they'll be going with me to Gilmanor for sure...
When is the swap at Gilmanor? Last year I found it by accident when I was driving down that area. I saw all the parked car on the side of the road so I stopped to see what was going on. I came home with a pair of Black Cubalayas.

I've probably mentioned it before (I think),but just a heads up on the hamburgs if you free range. They are quick, flighty, and high flying, but major hawk targets in our neck of the woods. The only chickens I have lost to predators have been hamburgs, silver spangled to be exact. One survived her first attack only to be taken down a year later.
In my neck of the woods, the haws and eagle are not picky, if it moves, they try to get it. I have lost Delaware and Game hens to flying predators. The other day, I was looking at my flock digging in the woods and all of the sudden I hawk attacked one of my brownish EE. I was about 20 yards form the flock. Luckily the hen was not harmed.

In my neck of the woods, the haws and eagle are not picky, if it moves, they try to get it. I have lost Delaware and Game hens to flying predators. The other day, I was looking at my flock digging in the woods and all of the sudden I hawk attacked one of my brownish EE. I was about 20 yards form the flock. Luckily the hen was not harmed.

I lost two EEs about three years ago and had Dels right with them - always a darker chicken ? - Luckily we don't have eagles - at least I haven't seen one -
All kills were from Redtails.

When is the swap at Gilmanor? Last year I found it by accident when I was driving down that area. I saw all the parked car on the side of the road so I stopped to see what was going on. I came home with a pair of Black Cubalayas.

they had to come from me. we will be back with more cubalayas this year

they had to come from me. we will be back with more cubalayas this year
There were two black ones, I did not have a cage so I bought a little pet carrier from the couple that sold them. Was that you? She is my go to broody hen, hatched several batches. Here she is with a mixed batch of chicks.

Back
Top Bottom