Virginia

Well I am not a lawyer either but think the law was mostly targeted on the colored Easter Chicks way back when. I think the key wording is " as pets or novelties, or offer or give as a prize, premium, or advertising device " So if you are selling them as livestock for someones backyard and not a child's play toy you are most likely OK. But as I said I am not a lawyer.

Hi Virginia folks, newbie in Chesapeake here! We are just starting to build our coop and need to find a good local source for pullets that are docile and medium egg layers. If anyone's close and experienced drop me a line :)

TIA!

I wonder if anyone has info about the Augusta County Chicken Swap at Augusta Expo in Fishersville. I can't seem to find online information like I did last year.

Well nevermind, i just found out they are not doing it this year.

Last edited:
south chesterfield, va here anyone In southeast? looking for some ducks, can't seem to find any khaki Campbell's out here.

@pipAchicknear richmond, I checked but didn't see any ducklings. There was one guy who sold the eggs, I asked if he sold ducklings and he said he could hatch some for $40 a pair. been thinking about just buying the eggs at $4 a dozen and building my own incubator. there's a farm out Ashland, va selling magpies and runners. she said they lay just as many eggs not sure how true that is.

Last edited:
Virginia laws regulates 6 chicks. But they also regulate you must be AI clean. People can get away with it because the State Vets office is way undermanned! I totally disagree with the regulations on chick minimums. But the AI and NPIP laws are in place for good reason and you really shouldn't be selling or buying chicks unless AI and NPIP clean

Back
Top Bottom