Virginia

Anyone interested in Le Bresse roosters? They are about 14 weeks old. Huge sized and friendly. Could make a good breeder. I have three available. $20 each or all three for $50
Eastern shore VA or can meet up to Salisbury, MD

Trip from Az to Big Stone Gap didn't go as planned. We are all ok but now in desperate need of a rental within driving distance to Big Stone Gap to my wife's work daily.

Anyone know of anything in their area?

Any help would be appreciated.

Hi! I'm in Gloucester County, VA! We got our first two hens at a Tractor Supply "Swap Meet" and they were about a month before laying age. They did just great! We got a coop/nesting box that would work for 2 hens from Southern States. 199.00 and then another 100.00 when we added an additional nesting box for more space. We also added handles to move it around the yard as a "chicken tractor" and it worked for just under two years. The wood construction for the roof was not strong enough for another season. It molded and started caving in. Other than that is worked just fine. We've since build our own coop (12'x12') with a nesting box. We are still putting the finishing touches on. No plans but from my husband's brain.

I would ask about the wood and how long it might last. Ours was pretty thin pressed board.

Trip from Az to Big Stone Gap didn't go as planned. We are all ok but now in desperate need of a rental within driving distance to Big Stone Gap to my wife's work daily.

Anyone know of anything in their area?

Any help would be appreciated.

Oh goodness! Were you all in a wreck? Glad everyone is ok now though.

Oh goodness! Were you all in a wreck? Glad everyone is ok now though.

Thank you. Don't know if an air bag failed or what but when exiting the highway in Texas the whole thing just dove into the ditch. We actually jumped the truck and trailer where the ditch ended. Crazy. Ford Super Duty's are awesome for how safe they are. Baby didn't even cry and I was the only one slightly injured with a sore neck.

If you are not inclined to build, what I use for breeding pens is a 10x10 dog pen, (cost $250), reinforced with hardware cloth all around the inside (4' high, 40'roll, about $60). I secure the harware cloth with wire, not zip ties. Then I lay welded wire across the bottom and top of the pen.

For the roof, I secure two 2x4x10 boards across the top and then a tarp over it.

Inside, they have a 3ft long Rubbermaid storage bin with a hole cut in the side for protection from cold, or as a nest box.

All in all, it costs $300/pen. It takes me 5 or 6 hours (longer the first time). But it provides plenty of space for up to 25 chickens.

I'll post abut it with pictures here soon.

Hi everyone!
frow.gif

New to the board, currently living in PA but will be moving to the eastern shore area soon. I love the area we are moving to, the last place on a dead-end road, surrounded by fields and forest! No livestock restrictions since it is zoned agricultural, and near to fishing! We are about 1/2 mile from Gargatha and having fun exploring that tiny bay in our skiff.

My husband and I are retired cabinet makers. We are the proud owners of 1 rescue roo and 2 rescue chickens, 2 cats, one dog/horse, and enjoying the learning process of chicken keeping! Currently I am driving my husband nuts with my plan for a real chicken coop, We boarded over a dog kennel for temporary housing, but after the move they will have an "official" chicken facility.
tongue.png

Hope to find plenty of eastern shore folks to share their chicken lore, and maybe even a pullet or two once we get settled!

Hi everyone!
frow.gif

New to the board, currently living in PA but will be moving to the eastern shore area soon. I love the area we are moving to, the last place on a dead-end road, surrounded by fields and forest! No livestock restrictions since it is zoned agricultural, and near to fishing! We are about 1/2 mile from Gargatha and having fun exploring that tiny bay in our skiff.

My husband and I are retired cabinet makers. We are the proud owners of 1 rescue roo and 2 rescue chickens, 2 cats, one dog/horse, and enjoying the learning process of chicken keeping! Currently I am driving my husband nuts with my plan for a real chicken coop, We boarded over a dog kennel for temporary housing, but after the move they will have an "official" chicken facility.
tongue.png

Hope to find plenty of eastern shore folks to share their chicken lore, and maybe even a pullet or two once we get settled!
welcome-byc.gif
VIRGINIA ADDITION

Where does everyone get their seeds from?

Getting ready to start my new garden and also have some wooded/forest acreage that I will be putting my Idaho Pasture Pigs on and want to plant some crops for them.

Anyone have recommendations on where to get my seeds?

Also looking for chicks if anyone has available ones within driving distance to Big Stone Gap, Va.

Thanks everyone.

Thank you. Don't know if an air bag failed or what but when exiting the highway in Texas the whole thing just dove into the ditch. We actually jumped the truck and trailer where the ditch ended. Crazy. Ford Super Duty's are awesome for how safe they are. Baby didn't even cry and I was the only one slightly injured with a sore neck.

Dave - glad all OK- Did it stop running ? I had one ran out of fuel and they will run off the road and with no power steering its impossible to control

Back
Top Bottom