Virginia

Central Virginia here....specifically Midlothian, in Chesterfield County.

We got six chicks from Southern States. Looks like one might be a roo. (Was named "Michonne"...now we call her "Rick". It's a Walking Dead thing.)

Only 13 weeks old, so no crowing yet. But in Chesterfield we're not allowed to have roosters. I guess I gotta find someone who will take Rick, though I'd love to get another hen in trade. Not sure anyone will go for that trade though. :)

Look up the TSC's in your area, phone and ask about what Saturdays they allow parkinglot Chicken swaps. Most allow Chicken and small Animal swaps In their parkinglots On Saturday mornings but each in an area has them on different Sats.

Central Virginia here....specifically Midlothian, in Chesterfield County.

We got six chicks from Southern States. Looks like one might be a roo.

Hello! I am also in Chesterfield County! A bit closer out to Amelia area. I am unable to help with your roo unfortunately, but nice to know there are more of us. Did you get your chicks from Southern States in the spring?

Hello! I am also in Chesterfield County! A bit closer out to Amelia area. I am unable to help with your roo unfortunately, but nice to know there are more of us. Did you get your chicks from Southern States in the spring?

Yup. We had been talking about it for a year, and when we saw they had them available, we got them. Southern States on Alverser in Midlo.

Hi! I live near Charlottesville, and I currently have five hens (three white Leghorns, a Barred Rock, and a Rhode Island Red) and an Easter Egger roo. I have been raising chickens for two years but I just now became a member of this site. I am actually looking for sexed chicks right now, so if anyone knows of someone selling pullets (preferably Buff Orpingtons, but any will do) then please let me know.
Hey there! I live in Ruckersville. I will be getting sexed pullet chicks next week. So far my order from Meyer consists of dark Brahmas, polish (for my mom who calls them her little Jewish friends) and...goodness I can't even remember now! I usually raise them to about 4 weeks and sell them then. Do you want me to add some buff ops onto my order? Oh now I remember, silver laced Wyandotte was the third breed.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom