Virginia

Hello virginia!! I'm in keysville ( close to Farmville) I'm in desperate need of hens!! Anyone relatively close i can purchase some from? I purchased 4 hens from tractor supply and wound up with 4 roosters. Tried hatching my own with only 1 successful hatch of course a rooster!!! I have a small flock and really could use some hens asap. Any help or advice is surely welcome. Thanks all
Small animal swaps are held at TSC parkinglots on Saturday mornings starting at 8am. Check for your local TSC’s and see which Saturday yours are held on.

TSC suppliers sometimes mislabel. But those out in the parkinglot at the TSC swaps selling their chicks usually sell straight run chicks or pairs of chicks. The older chickens are usually easier to see their gender however they will cost more than a chick.

Anyone know of a place to have chickens processed in the DC/Maryland/Virginia area? I have been googling and maybe I'm not searching for the right thing. I've tried to do it myself but I find the process to be to emotional.

Hi, new to raising chickens in New Market area. Trying to find a good home for two extra BCM cockerels, very sweet. Breed with your Ameraucana to get olive eggs! Link to x-post in the BST thread. I'm willing to drive to you, if you promise to give them a good home.

I'm also researching swap meets in my area, but I'm worried about exposing these guys to unknown pathogens or having someone eat them.

Hi, new to raising chickens in New Market area. Trying to find a good home for two extra BCM cockerels, very sweet. Breed with your Ameraucana to get olive eggs! Link to x-post in the BST thread. I'm willing to drive to you, if you promise to give them a good home.

I'm also researching swap meets in my area, but I'm worried about exposing these guys to unknown pathogens or having someone eat them.
Check out Tractor Supply Co stores. TSC.

Hello Virginia from Prince George County (near Petersburg).

I am getting my first chickens this week. The coop is ready to serve as a full size brooder!

Anyone know what day I should get a Meyer Hatchery shipment in this area? Hoping for Wednesday as I can’t leave work till noon on Tuesday.

I understand letting go of some of your babies can be difficult especially to the unknown. Know this, once you let go, you have no way of truely knowing what the buyer intends with your chicks and chickens. They are totally out of your hands and your control.
Therefore, I have become even more careful to whom I release my Babies to more so than ever before.

I understand letting go of some of your babies can be difficult especially to the unknown. Know this, once you let go, you have no way of truely knowing what the buyer intends with your chicks and chickens. They are totally out of your hands and your control.
Therefore, I have become even more careful to whom I release my Babies to more so than ever before.

Yes, I know. Unfortunately that's just the way it is, plus roosters are usually not wanted. Now that I'm following this thread, maybe I'll get to know more local chicken-philes.

Back
Top Bottom