Virginia

Howdy all. I'm on the north side of Norfolk and looking to rehome or trade this Welsummer rooster for a hen or pullet of any kind, as roosters aren't permitted in city limits. I got these four as "pullets" at the beginning of March and #3 recently began exhibiting roostery appearance and vocalizations. Any help would be appreciated!
PXL_20220725_211157329.jpg

Does anybody know where i can get my birds cremated in VA
Howdy all. I'm on the north side of Norfolk and looking to rehome or trade this Welsummer rooster for a hen or pullet of any kind, as roosters aren't permitted in city limits. I got these four as "pullets" at the beginning of March and #3 recently began exhibiting roostery appearance and vocalizations. Any help would be appreciated!
View attachment 3199557
they are really pretty but i just lost my favorite boy yesterday so im not ready but good luck

We’re outside of Richmond but relocating to the Valley — (Staunton/Waynesboro/Raphine etc). Just amazed by the number of places that don’t allow chickens up there! We find a great house on 2-5 acres and then find out chickens are a no🙁. Any ideas for buying and being allowed to take our girls?

Looking to rehome 2 roosters. 1 White Silkie and 1 Rhode Island blue both about 6mo old.

Attachments

• 20220727_123326.jpg
    20220727_123326.jpg
    684.8 KB · Views: 2
View attachment 3199557
What breed of roo?

Howdy everyone! I am out in Stafford and I am in need of some roosters as the two I bought from a lady at a Tractor Supply bizarre ended up selling me pullets.
I don't currently have one, but I'll keep you in mind with my next hatch. I'm in Fauquier and have I do several hatches a year. Our flock is pure bred Buff Orpingtons, so the roosters have a great temperament and are wonderful flock protectors. We always end up giving away the cockerels.

If you don't mind me asking, why are you looking for 2 roosters right now?
We bought two Jubilees thinking we were getting roosters, but sadly no. We now have 22 hens and no roosters and we need to start getting some chicks so we can start eating the adults (I am still not sure if I can eat my backyard chickens). We have 10 Buffs, 5 Lavenders, 2 New Hampshire Reds, 2 Jubilees, 1 Australorp, 1 Rhode Island Red and a 4yo Bardrcock.

We bought two Jubilees thinking we were getting roosters, but sadly no. We now have 22 hens and no roosters and we need to start getting some chicks so we can start eating the adults (I am still not sure if I can eat my backyard chickens). We have 10 Buffs, 5 Lavenders, 2 New Hampshire Reds, 2 Jubilees, 1 Australorp, 1 Rhode Island Red and a 4yo Bardrcock.
I know the feeling. I hunt and process my own deer/turkey, so I had the same thought about eating the adults. Then, after hand raising them from chicks, I can't bring myself to do it. Lol, oh well. I told my wife I'm going to build a retirement coop for the old girls.
Anyways, if you're still in need with my next hatch, I'll keep you in mind for my cockerels that I need to get rid of.

Back
Top Bottom