Virginia

Any Arlington county folks? Currently zoning ordinance 12.7.1 requires chickens to be housed at least 100 ft from property lines. If anyone else would like to support me in requesting that it be relaxed to 20 ft, I would greatly appreciate it!

Any Arlington county folks? Currently zoning ordinance 12.7.1 requires chickens to be housed at least 100 ft from property lines. If anyone else would like to support me in requesting that it be relaxed to 20 ft, I would greatly appreciate it!
Check the ordinances for the areas abutting yours. If they are looser than your 100 foo rule, you can use those as guides. Also, contact your Agricultural Extension Office and 4H coordinators. You'll likely find support there. Good Luck!

Recently joined. New chicken mama. Anyone from Frederick Co?
Welcome Aboard! I'm in Cecil County, MD. My backyard flock is mostly Nankin bantams, with a few random rescues for variety. My birds are pretty much spoiled pets that just happen to throw some eggs or chicks my way, on occasion. If anyone had told me I'd keep chickens around as eye candy and entertainment, I'd have laughed them off ... but there it is! :confused:

I’m happy to take extra coturnix quail of any age off of someone’s hands, i can take a roo and a few hens :)
and I’m happy to pay for the quail as well!

Hi fellow Virginians!

We did a straight run purchase and ended up with a lot of roos. They are buff orpingtons, 4 weeks old now, would sell them for $5 each or 5 for $20. Located in Charlottesville but we travel to Fredericksburg, VA frequently, so could meet up if someone wants these guys! Thanks!

Hi all,
I'm looking to rehome/give away a white face black Spanish cockerel. He is 19 weeks old. We want to rehome/give him away as he semi aggressive(won't attack just going in the coop, but will if you approach hens) and he is very vocal. Maybe a good show bird or a nice stew for someone? Located in Christiansburg.
20230625_094224.jpg

Back
Top Bottom